We are a homeschooling family of a third grader, second grader, a kindergartener and a toddler. We have been homeschooling for over five years and have used a few different curriculums both online and offline. We now do most of our core subjects online, however, I had not found a science curriculum neither on- nor offline that I liked until I stumbled across Science4Us.
Our experience with Science4Us has been really great. Prior to signing up, science wasn’t really a part of our homeschool schedule. Compiling a curriculum can be frustrating and very time consuming. With Science4Us, everything I need, as the teacher, is already planned out for me. There are even worksheets for extra practice that I can provide when I feel extra study on the subject is needed. However, most of what the kids do is online and we LOVE that!
There are fun videos that teach kids the concept, plus videos for moms/teachers to help them understand the full concept prior to teaching it. There are also games the kids can play online and that teachers can do with them offline.
Some of the things that I find unique about Science4Us are:
- there are actual science teachers that have compiled all the lessons
- everything is explained clearly so that the kids can understand the concept, which is very helpful when you have multiple grades you are teaching
- the offline materials are broken into grade levels so that no one is doing anything too easy or too hard
- each concept is broken into mini sessions so that the kids don’t get bored
- planning is made super easy and tracking student progress is just as simple
I would recommend Science4Us to any homeschooling family. I think all will enjoy the fun lessons and ease of planning that Science4Us has to offer. When learning is fun, kids want to do it and they remember what they are learning, and when the planning has been done, you can spend more time with the kids. Now to find a history site as easy and fun as Science4Us.
– Dena, Homeschool mom
I am a homeschooling mom of two boys, one of which has special needs. Even though this is my third year homeschooling, this is my first year homeschooling both children. Both of my boys are completing the second grade Science4Us activities.
–Read more from Julie, homeschooling mom of two boys