Science is messy. We do not always know the answer when we start. We play. We explore. We poke around and stir things up. We try something not because we already know what will happen but because we want to know what will happen.
Kindergarten Science Overview
In our kindergarten science curriculum, students we be introduced to science concepts that build upon what children already know which enables them to connect to new concepts and skills. These concepts are taught using age-appropriate interactive activities, songs, and characters with engaging lesson plans. In the Inquiry module, students will investigate and experiment with tools. The Physical Science module will show students how to describe objects and sort them by their physical properties. In the Life Science module, students will observe and investigate plants and animals.
Kindergarten Science Demo Activities
Kindergarten Science Projects
Check out these fun kindergarten science projects and experiments that can be done with everyday household items.
Kindergarten Science Curriculum
- The Science4Us curriculum focuses on the core ideas in each module and eliminates extraneous information that can inhibit comprehension.
- Core ideas are well established and concepts are repeated in a variety of formats to make mastery more accessible for early learners.
- Activities can be played multiple times to allow students to discover connections on their own and reinforce connections through repetition.
- The curriculum is presented in an engaging and memorable way using digital technology.
- Activities and lessons are designed to be instructional and offer strong contextual support in the form of feedback and hints.
- The science content is heavily supported with visuals and audio cues for nonreaders and emergent readers.
- Teachers are provided with science pedagogy videos and thoroughly detailed lesson plans to feel at ease when teaching the content.
View Kindergarten Lesson Plans
What science teachers are saying…
I have been teaching kindergarten for six years. We use Science4Us on a weekly basis when we have science class.
The students love the activities that are presented on the website and get excited when it is their turn to log on. They seem to like the sorting games more than anything else.
If they are struggling in a particular area I can assign them the activities that go along with that area. The best part of Science4Us is that my students really love science now and look forward to class.
-Stacy, Kindergarten Teacher