Well Dressed Egg
2014 Elementary Project Contest Winning Submission
Submitted by: Tim P.
Everybody’s Crazy About a Well Dressed Egg!
What is the best solution to use to get the best “Dressed” egg? Students use different mediums to color eggs.
- Red or Blue Food Coloring
- Cup of Water
- Cup of Clear Vinegar
- Cup of Clear Karo
- Cup of Syrup
- Cup of Clear Soda
- 4 Plastic Cups
- 12 Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Chart for recording lightest color to darkest color
1. Follow directions for making hard boiled eggs.
2. Add 5 drops of food coloring into each of the cups of liquid and
stir for 10 seconds. Allow for liquid in cups come to room temperature
3. Allow eggs to cool to room temperature and place into cups for 10
4. Remove eggs and allow to dry to the touch. Record results of
lightest to darkest color on chart.
5. Repeat experiment 2 more times. Analyze results from chart.